How to fix stuttering and freezing issues in Hitman 3
Can your computer run Hitman 3?
Is your computer powerful enough to run Hitman 3 without problems? Before making the following corrections, make sure your PC specifications match the Hitman system requirements. The requirements are as follows:
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit||Latest Windows 10 64-bit update|
|PROCESSOR||Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940||Intel Core i7 4790 4GHz CPU / AMD Ryzen 5 or higher|
|STORAGE||80 GB||80 GB|
|DIRECT X||DirectX 12||DirectX 12|
|GRAPHIES||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56|
|GRAPHIC MEMORY||4 GB VOLT ADAPTER||VRAM 6-8GB|
As you can see, you’ll need a GTX 660 or an AMD Radeon HD 7870 to play the game at the lowest settings. And don’t think you can play in 1080p resolution. 720p or maybe 900p are your only options. To get 60 frames per second at 1920×1080 resolution at high settings, you’ll need a GTX 1070 or RX Vega 56.
Eliminate resource intensive background applications and services
Many of you may have no idea, but there are many applications that often consume large amounts of memory that you may not be aware of. A few months ago, an update to Windows 10 forced Windows Search and Cortana to use nearly 70 to 80% of the processor. As a result, there is massive lag, drop in FPS, etc in almost every game. The problem was eventually fixed, but it took Microsoft quite a while to fix it.
So check whether you have unnecessary applications running in the background or not. You can also decide which applications should be run automatically when the system starts and prevent unnecessary applications from starting.
- Open Task Manager
- Select the Start tab
- Backup key applications, Enabled
- Deactivate the rest
Turn off Xbox Game Bar
Microsoft introduced the Xbox Game Bar feature in Windows 10 a long time ago. Unfortunately, there are still some games that show a drop in SPF. I don’t know if your stuttering in Hitman 3 has anything to do with the game bar or not, but it’s best to ignore it. Here’s how:
- Open the Windows 10 settings menu
- Click on the games
- Select the Xbox game panel from the left sidebar.
- Turn them off.
- Restart your game
Game mode for Windows
If you are a Windows 10 user, then you should definitely try the Game Mode feature of Windows 10. When the game mode is properly configured, unnecessary notifications from different applications are blocked, you can see how many CPUs and GPUs are used in the game, and of course there are other interesting features.
Additionally, game mode prevents Windows Update from installing drivers and sending restart notifications, and helps your system achieve a more stable frame rate depending on your game and system.
To activate the game mode
To activate the game mode:
- Press the Start button
- Press the Settings button
- Select games
- Now select the game mode for the sidebar.
- Activate the game mode
Hitman 3 – Nvidiacontrol panel settings
First you need to click on the Configure Preview Image Settings button on the left hand side under the 3D settings and make sure that the Use Advanced 3D Image Settings option is selected. Right away:
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel
- Click the Manage 3D Settings button in the left pane.
- Go to the Program Settings tab
- Find Hitman 3 in the drop-down menu under Select a program to configure.
- If you don’t see the game in the list, click the Add button and another list will be displayed.
- If you still can’t detect the game, you need to add the .exe file manually.
- Click on Browse
- Find the folder where you installed the game
- Select the executable or .exe file, which in this case should be hitman3.exe.
- When you have successfully added a game, you will see that the program settings become playable.
- Now make the following settings:
Wire optimization : A
Power Management : Preference for maximum performance
Low-latency mode : Texture filtration
– Quality : Power
Hitman 3 – AMDControl panel settings
Right click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon software. Go to the Games tab and click on Global Graphics. Define your graphical profile in eSport. Now make the following settings:
- Radeon Anti-Lag: Disabled
- Radeon cooling: Disabled
- Accelerate: Disabled
- Image Enhancement : Disabled
- Advanced synchronization : Disabled
- Vertical update : Always off
Now click on the Advanced button. Configure the following settings :
- Against smoothing: Claim parameters
- Smoothing method : Multiple example
- Morphological smoothing : Disabled
- Anisotropic filtering : Disabled
- Qualitative texture filtration : Power
- Optimization of the surface format : Including
- Tessellation mode : Cancel application settings
- Maximum level of tessellation : From
- Triple OpenGL buffering : Disabled
- GPU workload : Graph
Now reset the shader cache by clicking Reset Performance at the bottom of the list.
Hardware accelerated GPU programming
If you have the latest version of Windows 10 (2004), you should make use of a brand new feature called gpu hardware acceleration scheduling. If you have a decent graphics card, you can take advantage of it. That’s how you turn it on:
- Go to Windows 10 settings
- Press the System button
- Select the View tab on the left
- Scroll down the page and you will see an option at the bottom called Graphic Settings.
- Click on the link
- Enabling Hardware Acceleration Programming the GPU
Graphic performance preference
The Graphics Settings menu offers another amazing feature that allows you to customize the graphics performance settings for a particular application. Here’s how:
- Select an application to set as the desktop application.
- Click to see
- Navigate to the Hitman 3 installation directory
- Select the .exe file or the executable file.
- After adding the .exe file, click the Options button.
- Opting for high performance
- Restart your computer
That’s all we have at the moment to address the performance issues in Hitman 3. All steps listed are basic and do not require advanced steps. Some of these steps or methods may work for you, but nothing is guaranteed.
If you find this guide useful, please let us know in the Comments section below. If you have other problems with the game, check out our other Hitman 3 guides. Who knows, you might find out.
That’s it, folks!