The (mostly) mandatory
Preventative maintence: losing your torp tubes, resetting the reload (or even worse if they get perma knocked) is just such a huge penalty that you need this, only exception maybe being Khaba and Kleber/Marceau where the turret traverse is more valuable due to torps being yolo on Khaba and short-reloading on the frenchies.
Last stand: if your rudder gets knocked, preventing you from disengaging, you’re dead. This is a universal must take.
Adrenaline rush: there are not many things in this game that give you free DPM buffs. Every battle that you don’t get 100 -> 0 dev struck or your team completely stomps the other before you tank any damage, you get big value from this. IMO this is a must take on literally every ship in the game even with it being 3 points.
For DD’s even more so since it buffs both main battery AND torp tubes (and AA even though AA is useless anyway) up to 20% when very low. That is just too much value to pass up.
Survivability expert: a 7k HP DD can take more risk than a 3.5k HP DD. A 1 HP DD that has a points advantage can run to the border and earn a Lone Survivor. Sure sometimes you just eat torps or get nuked and get no value from it, but every game that doesn’t happen, you do. DD’s have often have to trade HP to get stuff done, so every hitpoint counts.
Concealment expert: this is obvious for most ships, but I still think even for the Kleber’s and Harugumo’s and Marceau’s this is still a take. Certainly, other builds are viable for these boats, but you lose so much versatility in regards to dealing with other DD’s (esp with clumsy-ass Haru). Also, the utility of the French torps is so much greater with CE. Khaba Im not so sure. But Khaba is still quite bad.
Radio location: if you’re a gunboat, you want to know where the other DD is so you can hunt. if you’re a torp boat, you need to know where the mean gunboats are coming from so you can be ready to run. Also, helps with knowing where torps will be coming from and where to send blind torps if you have nothing else to launch them at. It also gives you the ability to have your ship angles and guns aimed whenever you engage a DD. Might be a hot take, but this is a must pick.
So now you have 4 points for all that build diversity that they thought this patch was going to bring. My top picks would be, depending on the boat:
Dazzle, again this is a perk that you’ll get value from every game. Throwing off a couple of thunderer shells (for example) can make a huge difference. You think dead eye has a big impact? This has twice the effect of that perk. Very strong pick.
The extra range can be good for the boats that can use it effectively (haru, kleb, khaba). However, the extra range can be a liability when trying to disengage, and you are getting no value from it all the time that you aren’t firing in those outer couple km that you pick up with this skill.
Swift in silence: speed is so important in this game that the 5% DPM loss is manageable for boats that like staying undetected (torp boats like shima, somers, maybe even halland/gearing and otheers).
Superintendent, torp reload, or the 5% reload buff are all okay for row 3.
Extra AP damage could be useful on the DD’s that have good AP
Turret traverse on the boats that don’t have good traverse.
Options that might seem decent but I’d argue are bad:
Liquidator: flooding ain’t what it used to be and it normally gets DC’ed anyway.
Gun feeder: simply useless
Pyrotech: 1% fire buff? That means for every 100 shells you land, you can expect 1 extra fire from this skill. for 2 points? no.
Swift fish: 5% faster torps is not much and the vast majority of the time, when you miss torps, it wasn’t cause they were 3 knots too slow. its probably cause they turned out or whatever.
Priority target: if you’re detected, assume you’re being shot at. The other skills are just so much better.
IFHE: fire-starting is important.
Fearless brawler: you’re gonna take 4 points and 5% conceal to give me what used to be 3 point BFT with no debuff? No. If I just argued concealment expert is mandatory for almost everyone, you bet your ass I’m taking that debuff. Just take the 3 pointer that gives you 5% reload buff and no debuff.
My main considerations when looking at the relative values are: how often will this skill come to help me? and how much help will it give? And I’d honestly argue that these suggestions are good for both randoms and competitive. Hope this helps someone though, lmk what y’all think.
Source: Original link
French DD speculation…
So, We know the Le Fantasque class is the Tier 8 DD. Judging by this, there are 2 directions they could hold for tier 9 and 10. Mogador class had 2 ships, Mogador and Volta. Mogador was sunk before her major refit (scuttled). So, that means Mogador base config would be a viable T9, and…
RN DD Guide, Box of Gimmicks
This is a Royal Navy Destroyer (RN DD) guide targeted toward high level solo players. I am Doiphin_Princess on NA and
Advice playing Russian Gunboat DD and French DD Line
So I’m trying to make this playstyle work. This is the speed tanking, kiting, open water gunboating lines. To clarify, I’m looking at playstyles for the following ships: Leningrad T7 Minsk T7 Kiev T8 Tashkent T9 Khabarovsk T10 Le Terrible T8 Upcoming French DD Line Right now I am on Minsk to grind for…
© Post “IMO the first 17 DD commander points are the same on almost every T10 DD -a uni DD main” for game World of Warships.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF] 2020 has a ton to look forward to…in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we’re looking forward to in the first half of 2020.
- Preventive maintenance : Losing torpedo tubes, reloading them (or worse, getting hit by a perma) is such a punishment that it is necessary, except perhaps on the Haba and the Kleber/Marceau where the torpedoes are more costly because the torpedoes are yolo on the Haba and little loaded on the French.
- The final battle: If your rudder strikes and you can’t let go, you’re dead. It’s a universal requirement.
- An adrenaline rush: There aren’t many things in this game that will give you free DPM fans. Any fight where you don’t get 100 -> 0 dev hits or your team completely crushes another before stopping the damage, you get a huge advantage. IMO this should literally take every ship in the game, even if they have 3 points.
- This is even more true of the DD, as it dampens both the main battery and torpedo tubes (and the AA, although the AA is useless anyway) by 20% at very low levels. It’s too important a value to pass up.
- Survivalist: A 7k HDD can take more risks than a 3.5k HDD. A 1 HP DD with a point advantage can run to the limit and win a Lone Survivor. Sure, there are times when we just eat torpedoes or acquire nukes without benefit, but that doesn’t happen in every game. SDs often have to trade HPs to do anything, so every success point counts.
- Specialized coverage : That’s obvious for most ships, but I think even for Kleber and Harugumo and Marceau the scrapping is still going on. Of course other designs are possible for these boats, but you lose so much flexibility in working with other DDs (especially the Clunky Haru). In addition, the advantage of the French Torps is much greater when using CE. Haba, I’m not sure. But the haba is still bad.
- Location radio: If you’re a gunboat, you want to know where the other DD is so you can hunt. If you are a gunboat, you need to know where the bad gunboats are coming from to be ready to run. It’s also helpful to know where the flares come from and where to send the blind flares if you have nothing else to launch them. It also gives you the ability to orient your ship and use your guns on target when attacking DD. It may be a hot potato, but it’s a must.
So now it’s 4 points for anything that creates the variety they were hoping for from this patch. My first choice would be, depending on the boat:
- The shine, on the other hand, is the bonus you get with each game. Throwing a few thundering grenades (for example) can make a big difference. Do you think the dead eye has a big impact? That’s twice as much as this bonus. A very strong choice.
- Extra range can be good for boats that can use them efficiently (haru, kleb, haba). However, the extra range can be a handicap if you’re trying to escape, and you get no value for the time you don’t shoot in those few outside miles you take with this ability.
- Speed in silence: Speed is so important in this game that a loss of 5% DPM can be tolerated for ships that like to go unnoticed (torpedo boats like Shima, Somers, maybe even Halland/Gereiding and others).
- Superintendent, the torpedo boost or the 5% boost buffer are all good for the 3rd.
- Additional damage to the access point may be useful for PDs that have a good access point.
- Cross the tower on boats that do not have a proper crossing.
Options that may seem decent, but I’d say are a bad thing:
- Eliminator : Floods aren’t what they used to be, and they’re usually treated with DC anyway.
- Firearms food: simply unusable
- Pyrotech: 1% firefighters? This means that for every 100 projectiles you land, you can expect 1 extra shot of this skill. For 2 points? No.
- Swiftfish: 5% faster than torpedoes, it’s not much, and in the vast majority of cases where you miss torpedoes, it’s not because they were 3 knots too slow. It’s probably because they were ejected or something.
- Main goal: If you are recognized, suppose you are shot. Other skills are much better.
- IF IT IS: It’s important to make a fire.
- Fearless Fight: Are you going to take 4 points and 5% coverage to give me what was 3 points BFT, with no opening? No. If I just said that a cover-up specialist is mandatory for almost everyone, you can bet I’m going to take that risk. Just use the 3 pointers, which allow for 5% buff reloading and avoid debugging.
My main considerations when looking at relative values are as follows: How often will I encounter this skill and how will it help me? And I would honestly say that these agreements are both good for the benefit and good for the competition. I hope that helps someone, you think.
Source : Original link
- Speculation from the French DD…
So we know that The Whimsical Class is a level 8 DD. Currently, there are two areas that they might consider level 9 and 10. There were 2 Mogador class ships – Mogador and Volta. Mogador was flooded (submerged) before the overhaul. This means that Mogador’s base configuration will be a viable T9, and….
- RN DD Guide, box of gadgets
This is a manual on the Royal Navy Destroyers (RN DD), designed for high-level solo players. I’m Deufin_Princess in NA and
- Tips for playing the Russian DD Gunboat and the French DD Line
So I’m trying to make this style of play work. These are the lines of fast tanning, kite surfing and open water sailing. For the record, I’m looking at playstyles for the following ships: Leningrad T7 Minsk T7 Kiev T8 Tashkent T9 Khabarovsk T10 The Terrible T8 Next French DD line At the moment I am in Minsk grinding….
The first 17 DD Command Points are the same for almost all T10 DDs – this is the uniform DD core for the World of Warships game.
Top 10 Most anticipated video games of 2020
2020 will satisfy both classic and modern players. To be included in the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there must be a compelling reason to publish it in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a simple announcement and no major release date will not be considered.
Top 15 New Games for 2020 [PART I]
By 2020, there will be a ton in the world of video games. Here are fifteen games waiting for you in the first half of 2020.