Dive into the oceans of an alien planet to discover its secrets. In other waters the change will come later this spring!
The human race has exhausted its resources and must travel to extraterrestrial worlds to survive. Fellow Traveller and Jump Over the Age invite players to immerse themselves in the unique narrative adventure In Other Waters, where players take on the role of AI wizards as they explore the mysteries of the turquoise depths of an alien ocean. The game is available for PC, Mac and Nintendo Switch.
Other Waters tells the story of Ellery Vas, a xenobiologist who discovers extraterrestrial life while searching for his missing partner.
When Mina Nomura Ellery calls on the planet Gliese 677Cc, she finds herself in an ocean of mystery with little more than a flawed wetsuit and a strange AI to guide her. You’re the AI.
In other waters, the winner of the IndieCade Europe 2019 Jury Prize is science fiction without soldiers or violence. It’s more about wonder and exploration, fear and vulnerability, and the relationship between the long dormant AI and his human pilot. The relationship between the AI and the operator unfolds through an impressive story that is uniquely interpreted by the player. The depths of Glis 677Cc have many secrets. In order for life to continue, it must change. What will you discover if you follow, taste and explore life in this strange ocean?
Developed by Gareth Damian Martin, he’s the only man on the Leap Across the Century team. A professional journalist whose work can be found in Eurogamer, Kotaku, US Gamer, etc.
- Explore a strange ocean – move freely anywhere and discover new areas off the beaten track. These discoveries lead to upgrades that in turn open up new areas in previously visited locations, additional side missions and unique conversations with Ellery.
- See the world through a lens with artificial intelligence – navigate through a complex and intuitive interface with touch or mouse. Interaction with the world by observing, scanning, sampling, studying and influencing the behaviour of living beings.
- Keep an eye on your surroundings – scan the dive sites for sights as you dive and ask Ellery to locate them. Scanning reveals clues, creatures, objects and functions to explore.
- Study samples to unlock secrets – Samples to unlock secrets are samples of material creation and to analyse them to see how they are useful. The models allow interaction with the planet’s ecosystem. Use monsters to solve puzzles, open up new areas, deter predators and feed shepherds. Search and install updates to dive deeper into the ocean and find answers.
- Trust Ellery – If you can’t maintain a healthy level of oxygen in your body, you’ll damage your relationship. If you lose strength, your dive will be aborted. Your conversations can also promote intimacy, even if your answers are limited to a yes or no answer.
Switch to PC and Nintendo Switch in 2020.
Craig has covered the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently editor and employee of Age of Games.
How to load…
in other waters review ign,in other waters ps4,in other waters review switch,how long to beat in other waters,in other waters walkthrough,in other waters wiki,in other waters taxonomy,in other waters reddit,in other waters map,jump over the age,in other waters switch controls,in other waters switch price,in other waters metacritic,in other waters length,in other waters controls