Are you in the mood for Nintendo Switch game ads? Nintendo released a new Indie World video today, showcasing the wide range of independent games that will be available for the Nintendo Switch family of systems in 2020. This includes original platform games like Blue Fire, action role-playing games like Baldo, The Last Campfire, the next game from Hello Games, creators of the famous No Man’s Sky, and sequels like PixelJunk Eden 2 and Exit the Gungeon, released today for Nintendo Switch!
Independent developers from around the world continue to find their niche on the Nintendo Switch, said Steve Singer, vice president of Publishing and Developer Relations for Nintendo of America. Developers can run their games on a system that can be used both at home and on the go, while fans can enjoy a growing library of these diverse and inspiring independent games.
To watch the full Indian World video, visit https://indieworld.nintendo.com/. Here are some of the highlights of the video:
- Exit Gungeon by Dodge Roll & Singlecore Games : Enter the Gungeon is an escalation in the dungeon under a projectile shortly after the events of Enter the Gungeon. Armed with ever-changing weapons, an insatiable need for loot and loyal ascension, each of our heroes must ascend and escape via their own unique route of increasingly dangerous lifts. Exit from the Gun arrives on Nintendo Switch later today in the form of an exclusive limited-time title for the system!
- Hello Games’ latest bonfire: Explore a beautiful wilderness filled with lost people, strange creatures and mysterious ruins as you travel to light the final fire. Experience a moving story filled with magic and mystery when The Last Campfire launches for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- Blue light from Robie’s studio: Embark on an extraordinary journey through the abandoned kingdom of Penumbra and discover the secrets of this long forgotten land. Explore mystical temples, meet survivors and complete bizarre quests to collect valuable items. The Dark World awaits Blue Fire, which debuts this summer as an exclusive title on Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
- Team Sleep Baldo: Meet many strange and funny characters and immerse yourself in the wonderful world of Baldo, an action-adventure RPG full of puzzles, intriguing gameplay mechanics and complex dungeons to solve, set in a huge open and interactive world. This summer, Baldo became the first company to launch a Nintendo Switch system with a timer.
- I was dying of pee: I Am Dead is a charming puzzle and adventure game from the makers of Hohokum and Wilmot Warehouse that explores life after death. I Am Dead didn’t arrive until later in the year as a console-exclusive, limited-time title for the Nintendo Switch.
- B.ARC by Tic Tac Games : It’s time for pugs, cats, bears and rabbits to save the solar system! Call upon your friends to pilot powerful yet charming ships as you take on waves of enemies in a side-scrolling shooter. B.ARK will initially launch on Nintendo Switch as a console-exclusive title with a limited time frame at the end of 2020.
- Cyanide and happiness – Freakpocalypse : First part of the Explosm Games: You play Coop Go Away, Weirdo McCarthy, and all you want to do is make the world a better place. The problem is this: No one likes you, school sucks, you can’t find a date for prom, everyone (including your teachers) bullies you and your attempts to help only make things worse. Prepare for a world of oddities where cyanide and happiness are the monstrosities: The first part marks the first appearance of the Nintendo Switch as a timed system this spring.
- Summer in Mara by Chibig: Take care of your own island and explore the ocean in this farming adventure. Discover the story of Koa in a game that combines farming, crafting and exploration in a tropical archipelago with a colorful style and a strong story. The Nintendo Switch, a limited-time exclusive console released this spring, made its first appearance in Mara.
- Quantum League by Nimble Giant Entertainment: Quantum League is a revolutionary shooting game about the paradoxes of time: a competitive online shooting game where you fight across the timeline, tactically interacting with your past and future in breathtaking 1-v-1 and 2-v-2 matches. Quantum League changes time on Nintendo Switch in late 2020.
- The Good Life of the White Owls Become a journalist in New York City and explore Rainey Woods, the happiest town in the world in the English countryside. But Rainey Woods is also hiding a big secret. On full moon nights, the inhabitants turn into dogs and cats. Enjoy the quirky charm of Rainey Woods when The Good Life releases on Nintendo Switch this year.
- PixelJunk Eden 2 by Q-Games : Jump, twist, swing and remove invading creatures to collect pollen and restore gardens to full bloom. Along the way, you’ll encounter all sorts of creatures and beautifully designed alien worlds to explore and unleash. Immerse yourself in a sense of synesthesia as the beautiful art and music of Bayan envelops your mind and soul, and you, your climber, and the ravishing aesthetics of PixelJunk Eden become one. Enjoy this amazing land alone or with a friend in local multiplayer mode when PixelJunk Eden 2 releases on Nintendo Switch this summer.
- The Faroe Islands of Abrakam: With her unique tableau vivant, Faeria will challenge you with truly strategic card battles. Build your bridge, design the battlefield and fight for victory! The Nintendo Switch version of Faeria will be released in Spring 2020.
- Senior Souls of Fallen Flag Studios: Set in a dark and squeaky fantasy world, Eldest Souls features an innovative boss game with highly customizable combat. Be one of the first to rise to the challenge when the oldest souls of Nintendo Switch release an exclusive limited-time console title this summer.
- Leaving SMG Studio/DevM Games : For co-op players, Moving Out is a motion simulation based on action, puzzles and physics that gives a whole new meaning to the co-op bench. Play alone or with local friends in over 50 levels in Arcade, Story and Versus modes. The move takes place on the 28th. April for Nintendo Switch, and the game is available for pre-order now. If you want to try Moving Out now, you can check out the free demo in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.
- Sky Racket by Double Dash Studios: You’ll fly through whimsical worlds full of bright colours – just you, a stylish scarf, a laser tennis racket and a horde of furry enemies trying to bring you back to Earth. Sky Racket is the world’s first shmup-breaker that combines the classic genres of shoot-’em-up and blockbreaker! Sky Racket comes out today for Nintendo Switch!
Other independent games available for Nintendo Switch this year include Blair Witch from Bloober Team, Bounty Battle from Dark Screen Games, Dicey Dungeons from Distractionware Limited, Ghost of a Tale from SeithCG, Sky : Children of Light from this company, Superfinal from Pillow Castle, and Wingspan from Monster Couch.
Follow the latest news and updates on indie games on Nintendo Switch on Indie World Twitter @IndieWorldNA.
Craig has been involved in the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently an editor and contributor to Age of Games.
How do you load…
switch indie games, best switch games 2020, upcoming switch games 2020, nintendo switch games, spiritfarer, upcoming open world switch games, nintendo indie world showcase, nintendo eshop