Resolving stuttering and freezing in replicants
Can your computer work with Nier Replicant?
Is your console powerful enough to run Nier Replicant smoothly? The first thing you should check before trying the solutions below is whether your PC’s specifications roughly match the requirements for Nier Replicant. Here are the requirements:
|MINIMUM [60 FPS @ 1280×720]||RECOMMENDED [60 FRAMES PER SECOND @ 1920×1080].|
|OS||Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit|
|PROCESSOR||AMD Ryzen™ 3 130 Intel® Core™ i5-6400||AMD Ryzen™ 3 130 Intel® Core™ i5-6400|
|MEMORY||8GB RAM||16GB RAM|
|GRAPHIC||AMD Radeon™ R9 27 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960||AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 56; NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660|
|DIRECTX||Version 11||Version 11|
|STORAGE||25 GB free disk space||25 GB free disk space|
|SOURCE MAP||DirectX compatible sound card||DirectX compatible sound card|
As you can see, you need the R9 270X to play the game at 60fps with the lowest possible settings. And don’t think you can play at 1080p resolution. 720p or maybe 900p are your only options. To get 60 frames per second at 1920×1080 resolution with high settings, you’ll need a GTX 1660 or RX Vega 56. And don’t forget the extra 16GB of RAM.
Disable Nvidia GFE in game overlay
If you’re using the Nvidia GeForce Experience app, you probably have the Nvidia overlay enabled in the game. The GFE overlay offers several functions, some of which are very advanced. Specifically, Instant Replay. Then turn it off.
Just start the GFE, go to the settings window and disable the overlay feature in the game.
Eliminate resource-intensive background applications and services
Many of you may have no idea, but there are many Windows applications/services that often consume a huge amount of memory that you are not aware of. As a result, stutters and freezes occur in almost every game.
So check if you have unnecessary applications running in the background or not. You can also decide which applications should be run automatically at system startup and prevent unnecessary applications from starting.
- Open the Task Manager
- Select the Startup tab
- Backup key applications, Enabled
- Switch off the rest
Disable Xbox Game Bar
It’s been quite a while since Microsoft introduced the Xbox Game Bar feature in Windows 10. Unfortunately, there are still FPS drops on some games. I don’t know if your stuttering in Nier Replicant has anything to do with the game bar or not, but it’s better left alone. Here’s how:
- Open the Windows 10 settings menu
- Click games
- Select the Xbox Game Panel from the left sidebar.
- Turn it off.
- Reboot your game configuration
Replication level – settings in the Nvidia control panel
First of all, on the left side, under the 3D Settings, you need to click on the Configure Image Settings button and make sure that the Use Advanced 3D Image Settings option is selected. Right away:
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel
- Click the Manage 3D Settings button in the left pane.
- Go to the Program Settings tab
- Find Nier Replicant in the drop-down menu under Select a program to customize.
- If you don’t see the game in the list, click the Add button and another list will appear.
- If you still can’t detect the game, you will have to add the .exe file manually.
- Click on Browse
- Find the folder where you installed the game
- Select the executable file or the .exe file.
- When you have successfully added a game, you will see that the program settings become playable.
- Now make the following settings:
Thread optimization: A
Power Management : Prefers maximum performance
Low latency mode : Texture filtration
– Quality : Power
Replication level – AMD control panel settings
Right click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Software. Go to the Gaming tab and click on Global Graphics. Define your graphic profile in eSport. Now make the following settings:
- Radeon Anti-Lag : Disabled
- Radeon cooling: Disabled
- Acceleration : Disabled
- Image Enhancement: Disabled
- Advanced synchronization : Disabled
- Vertical update: Always off
Now click on the Advanced button. Configure the following settings:
- Against flattening : Parameters for the application of benefits
- Smoothing method : Multiple sample
- Morphological flattening : Disabled
- Anisotropic filtering : Disabled
- High quality texture filtering : Power
- Optimization of the surface format : Included
- Tessellation mode : Replace application settings
- Maximum tessellation level : From
- OpenGL triple buffer : Disabled
- GPU workload: Graphics
Now reset the shader cache by clicking Reset Performance at the bottom of the list.
GPU hardware accelerated planning
If you have the latest version of Windows 10 (2004), you should benefit from a brand new feature called hardware acceleration (gpu scheduling). If you have a decent graphics card, you can take advantage of this. This is how you light it:
- Go to Windows 10 settings
- Press the System key
- Select the View tab on the left
- Scroll down the page and you will see an option called Graphics Settings.
- Click on it.
- Enable hardware acceleration GPU scheduling
Preference for graphical presentation
The Graphics Settings menu offers another amazing feature that allows you to customize the graphics performance settings for a particular application. Here’s how:
- Set up Select an application to set it as a desktop application.
- Click to view
- Go to the Nier Replicant installation folder.
- Select the .exe or executable file.
- After adding the .exe file, click the Options button.
- Choose high performance
- Restart your computer
These are all the fixes we currently have for performance issues in Nier Replicant. All the steps mentioned are basic and do not require advanced steps. Some of these steps or methods may work for you, but nothing is guaranteed.
If you find this guide useful, please let us know in the comments section below. Also try our other Nier Replicant travel guides. Who knows, you might find what you’re looking for.
That’s all, folks!
You may also like.
nier automata far modnier automata stutteringnier automata lag fixnier:automata shadow fixnier automata pc 60fps fixnier automata cutscene fix mod,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,nier automata far mod,nier automata stuttering,nier automata lag fix,nier:automata shadow fix,nier automata pc 60fps fix,nier automata cutscene fix mod,nier automata fps fix,nier automata low fps cutscenes