Not only has the studio posted a detailed blog post about the state of the game, but they’ve also posted a roughly five-minute video, which you can watch at the top of the news. Marcin Iwinski, co-founder of the development studio, addresses the players and apologizes.
However, the focus is on the latest generation. Remote content, such as. B. the subway, are out of the question. Therefore, it is currently unclear whether the desired features will be present in the game. It also doesn’t address the AI issues that some players have criticized.
What’s next for Cyberpunk 2077?
The team uses graphics to show the current development plan for the game. After the release of three patches in late 2020 with updates 1.04, 1.05 and 1.06, the bug fixes will continue until 2022.
When will the patches arrive? The next patch will not be called 1.07, but will go the other way: Update 1.1 is still in progress. This will take place within the next ten days, i.e. on 24 January 2021, which will be published. Update 1.2 is planned for the coming weeks and will be much more extensive. More updates and improvements will follow later.
What about the free CSD? Free CSDs should not be released until the major bugs have been fixed. It’s a similar story to the transition from the last generation to the next for console players. It is currently scheduled for the second half of 2021.
How did the problem arise?
In a detailed FAQ, the team addresses other questions, mainly about the causes of problems related to the latest version generation. We summarize the answers here.
- What is the difference between PC and the latest generation? The team says they underestimated the effort it would take to develop a console version. The focus was always on the PC version, but changes were made to the console version as well.
- What was the biggest problem with the consoles? According to the developer, customizing in-game streaming was the biggest obstacle to developing console versions. The particular problem was the speed of the old consoles’ hard drives.
- Has the latest generation not been tested? Here, the studio explains that tests did take place, but they did not cause any problems. They themselves were convinced that the Day 0 patch was a good product.
- Why did the console exams come later than the PC exams? While the revision codes for the PC version were sent in the first week of December, the revision codes for the consoles were not sent until December 8 and thus later than expected.
- Is there a shortage of patches? The team must work in accordance with the CDPR without forced overtime. You explain that you want to avoid the crisis.
- When will the game be back on the Playstation Store? There is no exact date yet.
- What about the payback campaign? The first wave of returns has already been sent.